Le Pavoniere – Golf in Tuscany between Lucca and Florence
The golf course once was park and garden of a Medici Villa situated on the hills in the background of the aerial photo shown. The walls so typical around these old villas and their adjacent gardens are in part still preserved and use as external borderline for the golf course, also visible on this photo. The parts shown here are the older half of the course, left of the central division are the the newer and likewise beautiful other 9 holes.
A course very well kept at all seasons (being the old garden/park of the noble villa they never lacked water), rather ample and also for its length demanding.
- There are many nicely arranged large and smaller water hazards, and in parts the course is enriched by very nice old trees, particularly so along holes 10 through 13.
- To avoid misunderstandings: the pheasants you may encounter along holes 11 through 13 are not for hunting..
- Some holes are pretty difficult, on hole 13 for example only true experts will be able to reach the PAR 3 green with an iron.
- Very large modern driving range right behind the reception building and close to hole 1
A golf club managed professionally in the best sense of the word, very friendly and forthcoming reception personel, small but well assorted pro-shop.
Excellent and beautiful restaurant with bar; large terrace which will “attract” you already once you come in on hole 18.
You will most certainly enjoy hole 19 at Le Pavoniere……….
Who wants to golf in Tuscany should see and play Pavoniere !
- 18 holes, Par 72, CR 72,4, 6131 m, SR 137
- Closing day: Monday (unless a holiday)
- April-June and September/October always open
- Reservation Tee-time recommended
How to get there:
Motorway A11, exit Prato-Ovest, at second roundabout turn right direction Poggio a Caiano/Tavola, then at 5th roundabout turn left. There are sufficient indications for the golf course; in case you would get in trouble useful points of reference would be the village of Tavola and the Golf Hotel.
Large parking area just behind the automatic entrance gate; for unloading and contact with reception you may advance by car to the reception area.
For latest information:
Golfclub Le Pavoniere
Via Traversa il Crocefisso in Prato
Overwiew Map N° 2 Le Pavoniere > Golf Courses Tuscany